Citizens Advice Ceredigion is helping local people get ready for winter by hosting a number of special events on how to get the best value for money from their gas and electricity.
The events are part of the national campaign Big Energy Saving Week 2016 (31 October – 6 November).
The campaign aims to help people to cut their energy costs by following a three-step rule – check, switch and save.
People are encouraged to check their current tariff and compare it with other suppliers, before switching to a cheaper deal if available. They are also given tips on making sure they’re saving energy in their home.
Citizens Advice is hosting free energy saving events on:
- Weds 19th October 4pm-6pm – Capel Iwan Fuel Syndicate http://www.cabceredigion.org/event/big-energy-saving-event-capel-iwan-fuel-syndicate/
- Tues 1st November 11am-3pm – Tregaron Memorial Hall http://www.cabceredigion.org/event/big-energy-saving-event-tregaron-memorial-hall/
- Weds 2nd November 10am-12pm – Barclays Bank Cardigan http://www.cabceredigion.org/event/big-energy-saving-event-barclays-bank-cardigan/
- Thurs 3rd November 9am-4pm – Guildhall Market Cardigan http://www.cabceredigion.org/event/big-energy-saving-event-cardigan-guildhall-market/
- Fri 4th November 11am-3pm – Victoria Hall Lampeter http://www.cabceredigion.org/event/big-energy-saving-event-victoria-hall-lampeter/
Using Citizens Advice’s online energy price comparison tool https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/wales/consumer/energy/energy-supply/get-a-better-energy-deal/compare-gas-and-electricity-prices/ advisers can show people how to check they’re on the best tariff for their needs or if there’s a cheaper deal with a different supplier.
Those who can’t make the event can still follow Big Energy Saving Week’s three-step rule of check, switch, save at home. They can use Citizens Advice’s online price comparison tool to work out if they can find a cheaper energy deal elsewhere, or contact Citizens Advice for help.
William Jones, Energy Champion at Citizens Advice Ceredigion said:
Checking your energy tariff and switching to a cheaper deal is one of the quickest and easiest ways to cut your bills. Big Energy Saving Week is a great opportunity to get expert advice on how you can make savings before winter starts. We would urge everyone to come down to the event, use our price comparison tool or contact our service for advice so they can start making savings.
For a full list of Big Energy Saving Week events in your area, visit the Citizens Advice website http://cita.maps.arcgis.com/apps/View/index.html?appid=8857c58a93b44b7cbdf0446be8a37d22