West Wales Financial Capability (Fincap) Forum is for local and national organisations involved in financial capability in Carmarthenshire, Pembrokeshire and Ceredigion to meet to share information and experience.
The West Wales Fincap forum was established in April 2015, and is co-led by Citizens Advice Pembrokeshire and Citizens Advice Ceredigion.
For more information contact Jeremy White at CA Pembrokeshire: Email firstname.lastname@example.org, Phone 01437 765245; or William Jones at CA Ceredigion: Email email@example.com, Phone 01239 621974.
Meetings in 2016
- Friday 24th June, 2016, Narberth
- Friday 16th September, 2016, Guildhall, Cardigan
- Friday 18th November, 2016, Clunderwen, venue TBC.
National Citizens Advice Overview
Citizens Advice has supported the regional financial capability forums in England and Wales, through its Financial Skills for Life programme, since 2007. There are now fifteen forums building on the successful example of the first forum in the North West.
The forums meet quarterly and bring together key local and national partners who support each other by sharing information and experience. Three of the forums are led by non-CAB organisations, and the emphasis in all forums is on involving everyone with an interest in delivering or engaging with financial capability. Since 2007 over 1,500 local, regional and national organisations have attended meetings.
Citizens Advice has channelled over £1 million of funding to forums so that members can work together to help people manage their money better. Members have delivered projects such as Save Xmas and Energy Best Deal, and have provided training to more than 150,000 people.
The forum can help you to:
- meet people from other organisations such as community advice agencies, housing associations, local authorities, credit unions, voluntary agencies, private sector funders, and government departments
- network and share ideas and experience
- work with others to help people take control of their money
- influence local policy and practice.