PENSION WISE – the FREE, IMPARTIAL AND CONFIDENTIAL GUIDANCE SERVICE
From 6 April 2015, pensions have changed, giving you more freedom to decide what to do with your pension pot. Pension wise is a new government service that will help you go through your options so you can make informed and confident decisions that are best for you and your family. Citizens Advice is providing face to face guidance appointments from 500 locations across Wales and England.
Is Pension wise for me?
A Pension wise appointment may help if you:
- are approaching retirement or 50 or over
- have a defined contribution pension pot(s).
How do I get help?
Ceredigion CAB is the local delivery centre for Pension wise across Ceredigion and Carmarthenshire. Face-to-face appointments with Pension wise guidance specialists are available in:
- Ceredigion: Cardigan, Aberystwyth, Lampeter, Newcastle Emlyn, Llandysul
- mid and East Carmarthenshire: Carmarthen, Llanelli, Ammanford, Llandeilo
Phone the national Pension Wise contact centre on 0800 138 3944.
You can get further information and guidance:
- online from the Pension Wise website www.pensionwise.gov.uk
- phone Citizens Advice Ceredigion on 01239 621594 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- if you prefer to speak to someone over the telephone, you can arrange an appointment with an impartial guidance specialist on the phone.
How should I prepare for an appointment?
Read the Citizens Advice guide on how to get the most out of your Pension Wise appointment Get ready for your Pension Wise appointment.
How long does your pension need to last – check out your estimated life expectancy
The Office for National Statistics has a simple online calculator to estimate your life expectancy based on the national average: http://visual.ons.gov.uk/how-long-will-my-pension-need-to-last/