The Veterans Legal Link service provides free legal information, assistance & advice to Welsh-based veterans.
Eligible clients can visit one of the drop-in locations to seek legal advice via Skype from an otherwise busy lawyer located elsewhere in Wales/UK.
The Clinic will be run in partnership with:
- LawWorks Cymru
- Elfyn Llwyd, MP & Barrister
- Emma Williams Family Law
- Change Step (who will also be hosting a website for the service)
- The Royal British Legion
- Citizens Advice Ceredigion
- West Wales Action for Mental Health
- Board of Community Health Councils in Wales
- Veterans’ NHS Wales
- Individual lawyers and law firms offering pro bono legal advice on family, housing, homelessness and welfare benefits matters
- Aberystwyth University law students
The Clinic Co-ordinator is Victoria Knapp, Aberystwyth University, email firstname.lastname@example.org
For more details, visit the Clinic page on the LawWorks website: https://www.lawworks.org.uk/legal-advice/individuals/veterans-legal-link-clinic
The project is supported by LawWorks, a national charity which provides advice and assistance to free legal advice clinics working with volunteer lawyers. LawWorks helps to set up and maintain sustainable clinic partnerships in order to help address unmet legal need in the community.